How to get your PAN card verified online to receive the PAN card as soon as possible – ITD verification process
India is a vast country with a diverse range of population that changes with each change in state. The government of India has introduced a few important documents for the citizens so that it can keep a track of its citizens and their movements within the framework of the government.
The pan card is one such document. PAN stands for permanent account number. This is a necessary document for any Indian citizen as it is required as proof by various government agencies to avail of various different benefits.
Application for PAN card
- To apply for a pan card one can simply go online and fill out form 49a. This form costs about 90 rupees and it requires you to fill out your basic details and information.
- After you have filled out the form, you will need to verify all the information. Any mistakes will render your application useless hence you need to recheck everything you have submitted.
- If you are an N.R.I then you will have to pay extra for the subsequent communication to be delivered to your foreign address. The payment of the application fee can be made online through net banking or your credit card/ debit card.
- The next step is to affix a passport sized photograph of yourself on the form. You will also need to sign in a way that half your signature should be on the photograph and the other half should be on the form.
- When all your steps are complete you will have to send in your form to an official address. – ‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016’.
Process of PAN Card Verification
1) After this initial application of yours is processed, you will have to send in documents that act as proof of your citizenship, identity, date of birth and residential proof. All of these proofs are very necessary and you must make sure that they are submitted in the proper order.
2) Make sure to double check all of the information once again.
3) You can send all your supporting documents through courier or post. The address at which you have sent the documents will be available at the online portal for PAN card.
4) If you clear this part of the verification process, then you will get a confirmation for your Pan card and a subsequent date will be provided to you for the collection of your PAN card. Your PAN card will arrive by post to your registered address.
5) If you have applied through the internet then all it takes is 5 days for the PAN card to arrive or your details and form to be processed. If you have taken the old school route of applying then it will take about 15 days for all your details and information to be processed.
After following all the steps thoroughly, the PAN card will arrive at the address you have provided in the details. It might take a while but it will arrive none the less. The PAN card is quite essential and you must keep it safely as the government requires it at various checkpoints during your life as a citizen of India. It is one of the most important documents for an Indian citizen.