Online steps to apply for a new PAN card – Offline method to register for PAN card
If you are a minor, major, senior citizen or any individual residing in India and wish to apply for a PAN card then this is the right place to be.
With the importance that a PAN card plays these days and you do not have a PAN card yet, then keep your calm and simply go through the following procedures which will help you get the same.
This step by step guide will help you to apply for a PAN card for the very first time:-
ONLINE METHOD to Apply for PAN Card
1) Download an application form online for a new PAN card. You can get this from different websites or you can get the same by logging on to → https://www.tin-nsdl.com/download/pan/form49a.pdf
Please Note: The form will be of 16 pointers to be filled in followed by an instructions guide that will help fill in the apt details. Also the form that you download from different sources will be in PDF format so make sure you have the same. In case if you are downloading it directly from the NSDL website then it may look different in terms of appearance as shown below.
2) After filling in the appropriate details within the form itself you would be asked to make the payment online which you can choose between Debit/Credit card or internet banking.
3) After which you will receive an acknowledgment letter which would contain the address where you would have to send this letter along with the attested copies of the required documents. The documents will be based on what information you have filled in the form like the address proof, identity proof and passport size photographs (your signature across on the photo).
4) Before you send the envelope consisting of the acknowledgment letter, the required documents as well as the passport size photographs ensure that you write ‘APPLICATION FOR New PAN REQUEST along with your Acknowledgment Number’ on top of the envelope.
5) Within 15-20 working days you should get your new PAN card at the address you have mentioned in the form. In case you do not receive it, then you can check the ‘status’ online by visiting this website → https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/servlet/PanStatusTrack
OFFLINE METHOD to Register for PAN Card
- Once you get a PAN card application form, fill it up with all the relevant information. Make sure you take 2-3 print outs in order to avoid error. Fill in the information in Block letters.
- Check out the list of valid proofs that would be needed while submitting in the application form itself.
- Once you have the application form ready along with the documents you would have to pay a certain fee via the demand draft or cash of Rs. 106.
- Submit the above at the nearest UTITSL pan service centre close to your home.
You will then receive the PAN card to your desired address within 15-20 working days.
- The signature should be across the top left of the photograph attached in the form. Make sure you don’t sign over the face.
- Another signature should be on the extreme right below the photo within the box.
- And finally sign at the bottom right hand side corner within the box.
This step by step guide will help you to make changes in the PAN for which you have already applied. For instance you want to change your name, your father’s name, date of birth and/or address. Basically in case you want to update the details in your PAN card as well as with the ITD you can use this guide:
- Fill the form for ‘Correction or Changes in the PAN details’ by going through this website → https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/changerequest.html
- Click on ‘Online application for Changes or Correction in PAN Data’ and scroll down at the bottom of the page.
- Select the category in which you lie and click on select.
- This will lead you to a form which you have to fill in carefully and submit.
Make sure you DO select the relevant boxes on the left margin of the application form. In order for the records to be updated in the ITD, the check box for (7) will be selected by default.
It is important that you fill the changes in this form carefully as the changes in the records of ITD will entirely be based on this form that you fill.
- The following steps are the same as when you apply for a New PAN Application form.
In case when you are in a situation when you have a lost or a damaged PAN card, you can apply the following steps without making any changes in your existing PAN details. Although a new PAN card will be issued to you bearing the same PAN number. There is an option to even update your information on the PAN card along with this application. Please follow the guide to have a better understanding of the same:
1) There are various websites which allow you to make a duplicate PAN card via their websites directly. Avoid it and use this website directly allotted from the government → https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/changerequest.html
2) The application form will be similar to that of ‘Changes to make in the PAN card’. However even though the meaning is same make sure you click on ‘Reprinting of PAN card’ in case you have a lost or damaged card.
3) As you click on the ‘Online application for Changes or Correction in PAN Data’ fill in the form. Make sure you do NOT select any of the boxes on the left margin of the application form. In order for the records to be updated in the ITD, the check box for (7) will be selected by default.
4) The following steps are the same as when you apply for a New PAN Application form.
These are the steps that you can follow in order to apply for a PAN card in India. However, only for the application for a NEW PAN card can be also done offline but for the Correction and a Duplicate PAN card you would have to do it online as it’s faster and easier.