Get your passport online in easy and simple steps – Complete information guide to apply for a new passport and submitting the application
When you wish to travel abroad for business or pleasure you need an important document that is issued by the government and that document is the passport. This document may well be one of the most important documents that you can hold as it serves as an international identification for you. This document can hold a lot of information on it such as your name, date of birth, address and other such important information. The document may not necessarily be proof of citizenship and does not give you any particular rights, but it can signify the primary residence of the holder.
The passport that you hold is an important one, because it gives you better or worse standing in a foreign country. For e.g. having a US Passport gives you a better standing than having an Indian Passport. This document has now a days a biometric chip in it so as to contain all such information and to make it more difficult to forge for the common man. There are many types of passports and those can give you immunity from prosecution and arrest, but those are reserved for high level diplomats and ambassadors and not available to the common man.
Passport Application Process Online
The Passport office has the authority to issue passports in conjunction with the Passport Seva Kendra which is an extension of the Passport authority in India and this makes a simple, efficient and transparent process for the delivery of the passport. This also acts as a national network and acts as the middle man between the governmental regulatory board and the common man.
Here is a step by step process towards completing the online form submission:
- You first need to have a user Id for yourself on the Passport Seva Kendra Portal to be able to download the form and fill it out.
- After you register, then you log in to the portal and type your user id and password
- Click on the “Apply for Fresh Passport/re-issue of Passport” link. If you already own a passport, then choose the re-issue category.
- Fill in all the required details on the form that are important and then submit it.
- Click on the Pay and Schedule Appointment link to schedule an appointment with the Passport Seva Kendra. Online Payment of the scheduling and processing fees has been made mandatory for scheduling that appointment
- Click on the Print Application Receipt link to complete the action and collect the application number containing the Application Reference Number.
- Visit your nearest Passport Seva Kendra on the scheduled date and time with all the documents for verification.
There is another way to complete this process and this marginally different from previous way:
- Download the e-form available on the Home page
- Fill in the downloaded form and then click on the “validate and save icon” which will create an XML file which will be uploaded in the system.
- Register your name with the portal and log in later with the newly generated username and password
- Upload the XML file through the “Upload e-form” link and the you follow the same steps from 5 until 7 an then you are good to go.
Applying for a passport is a piece of cake. Every citizen should have a passport as it gives you proper validation all over the world.